Do you have a golfer in your life with a birthday coming up? If you do, you’re in luck! I’ve compiled a list of the best gear and swag to get your golfer to celebrate completing another trip around the sun.
The best overall gift for golfers is the Cobra Golf 2022 Stand Bag. A high-quality golf bag provides golfers with enough space to store their clubs and everything else they need, and a standing bag prevents too much bending over.
Here are some other great ideas available on Amazon.com:
- If you’re on a tight budget, I recommend getting them the Callaway 4-in-1 Divot Repair Tool.
- If the golfer likes to party on the course, I recommend the JBL Clip 4 Portable Speaker.
- If your golfer is committed to improving their game, you should get them the OptiShot 2 Golf Simulator.
- If your golfer is also a drinker, consider getting them these classy Golf Whiskey Glasses.
- For the golfer who likes to read, get them a book of the 500 World’s Greatest Golf Holes.
- For the techy golfer, I recommend the SAMSUNG Galaxy Watch Active2 watch.
- If your golfer has worn-out gloves, I recommend gifting them the GMAX Men’s Golf Gloves 2 Pack.
- If the golfer in your life is competitive, they’ll love the Handy Picks Golf Scorecard Holder.
- For the golfer who lives in a sunny climate, they’ll love the Oakley Men’s Oo9208 Radar Sunglasses.
- For the golfer who also loves a good BBQ: POLIGO BBQ Grill Accessories Kit.
- If you don’t know what to get them, you can’t go wrong with golf balls! Golfers always need more balls, so you can grab some TaylorMade Rocketballz Seed Golf Balls.
So, let’s look at some of the best birthday gifts for golfers and find something for that special golfer in your life!
Best Overall: Cobra Golf 2022 Ultralight Pro Stand Bag
Every golfer needs a good golf bag. Standing golf bags are great because they prevent the need for the golfer to bend down and pick it up every time they need to grab a new club or move to a new hole, which is especially helpful. After all, there’s already plenty of bending over to be done when removing obstacles and retrieving balls.
The Cobra Ultralight Pro Stand Bag stands on its own, so the golfer won’t need to bend over as much. It also has contoured carry straps to avoid too much shoulder discomfort when walking around the course. There are enough pockets for everything the golfer may need, and these pockets don’t intrude on each other.
Pockets are essential when picking a golf bag, so don’t underestimate this feature of the Cobra Golf bag! Golfers need a pocket for the golf bag’s hood, extra towels, extra tees, golf balls, and a divot tool. With the Cobra bag, golfers will be able to carry all of this and more, and their backs will thank them for the minimal bending over required.
- Well priced for its quality
- Sturdy stand system
- Great balance
- Comfortable straps
- Available in different colors
- No cooler pocket
- May be more than you want to spend on a birthday present
- Some golfers are picky about their bags, so they may not like a standing bag
Best for Those on a Tight Budget: Callaway 4-in-1 Golf Divot Repair Tool
This nifty gadget has multiple functions and is made with a durable zinc alloy. It comes with a bristle brush that can act as a club cleaner, removing even the most stubborn dirt spots.
It also has a magnetic ball marker, so they’ll know which ball is theirs on the green, which prevents them from needing to replace their balls as frequently. The metal groove cleaner on the tool can clean and sharpen club groves. Finally, the divot tool can repair the grass on the golf course.
This four-in-one tool is still under twenty dollars, so if you’re on a tight budget, this is a great birthday gift for the golfer in your life to add to their golf bag.
- It’s inexpensive but still high quality.
- Four-in-one tool minimizes the other items the golfer will need to carry.
- The ends are round so they won’t poke a hole in the golf bag or pocket.
- Doesn’t collapse
- Some reviewers say the brush doesn’t work very well
- Bulky, may not fit in a golf bag pocket
Best for the Party Golfer: JBL Clip 4 Portable Speaker with Bluetooth
Some golfers like to golf in silence, but others want to throw on some tunes for more fun. This speaker comes with a carabiner that they can use to attach to a cart or their golf bag. It’s also surprisingly loud and has excellent bass for its small size, so if your golfer likes to jam out, they’ll appreciate this gift!
The next time they’re out on the course, your golfer can stream music to this speaker from their phone, tablet, or another Bluetooth device to improve their golf outing.
- Compact size is easy to transport
- Solid bass quality
- It’s battery-powered, so if the batteries run out of juice and the golfer doesn’t have replacements, they’re out of luck.
- It still sounds like a portable Bluetooth speaker.
Best for the Beginner Golfer: OptiShot 2 Golf Simulator for Home
If the golfer in your life is a beginner, or if they’re committed to training, they’ll benefit from this all-encompassing home training system. This kit comes with a shot mat, a net, fifteen courses, a USB cable, rubber tees, practice balls, and software to help any golfer improve their game.
The fifteen courses give the golfer the ability to play against up to four other players, and they can pick different game types, weather conditions, and camera views. They can also track their swings and analyze them to see how they can improve. Getting a golfer this gift is like getting them private golf lessons for life!
- Easy to set up
- As close as you can get to having a personal golf course at home
- You can play golf any time of the year
- You can use foam or actual balls
- Provides extensive feedback
- It can take up a lot of space
- Low graphic detail
- Not good at reading putting
Best for the Golfer Who’s Also a Drinker: Golf Whiskey Glasses
There’s nothing better than a glass of whiskey after a great day of golf, so why not give them the ability to drink their favorite whiskey or bourbon out of a golf ball? These golf-shaped whiskey glasses are cute and classy, and they are made with hand-blown glass and delivered in a durable package so they won’t break in transit.
If the golfer in your life doesn’t like whiskey, these glasses are also perfect for a yummy glass of wine! These glasses are also an excellent gift for those golfers who seem to have everything they need to play the game already since they are unique while still honoring their love of golf on their birthday.
- Out of the box, interesting gift idea
- Classy looking, not gaudy
- Combines two interests (golf and alcohol)
- Easily breakable, it may not be great for those with kids
- Not as functional as other gift ideas on this list
- It only comes with two glasses
Best for Golfers Who Like To Read: The 500 World’s Greatest Golf Holes
This fascinating book has pictures and biographies of the top 500 golf holes globally, which experts picked from the more than half-million golf holes around the globe. Readers can discover the most scenic, the longest, and the hardest-to-putt spots while adding to their travel and golfing bucket lists.
This book will bring the excitement, challenge, and beauty of golf to the reader, all without them needing to leave their home. The next time they leave their home and go on a trip, they’ll know which golf courses to check out!
- Filled with beautiful photographs that even non-golfers may find interesting
- Sleek and high-quality
- Perfect for the coffee table
- Not as helpful as other items on this list
- Pricey for a book
- If the golfer in your life is more interested in playing golf than learning about it, they may not find this book very interesting.
Best for the Techy Golfer: SAMSUNG Galaxy Watch Active2
There are a lot of gadgets for golfers on the market, but this is one of the best ones you can buy. This sporty smartwatch has all the regular features of a smartwatch, such as workout tracking modes that can help keep track of running, walking, swimming, biking, and more. However, the pre-loaded Smart Caddie app makes this watch perfect for golfers.
This app is synced with over 40,000 golf courses worldwide so that golfers can get a detailed satellite or aerial map of their course. The app also provides accurate course information, such as the distance to the hole and views of the green. Golfers can also keep track of their shot history.
The Smart Caddie app can also keep track of shots and act as a scorecard. All from the golfer’s wrist!
- Good battery life
- Minimalist design
- It comes with smart caddie pre-loaded
- Not compatible with many third-party apps
Best for Golfers With Worn-Out Gloves: GMAX Men’s Golf Gloves 2 Pack
If you’ve noticed that your golfer’s gloves are falling apart at the seams, there’s no better gift for them than a brand-new, sleek pair of leather golf gloves! These gloves have a flexible band with Lycra Spandex that provides better hand flexibility during gameplay, and the air-punched holes make the gloves more breathable.
The 2022 version of these gloves features an upgrade to 100% Premium Cabretta Leather, so the gloves are better than ever. You can also choose between left and right-hand orientation, so it doesn’t matter if the golfer in your life is left-handed or right-handed – these gloves will still work for them.
- Upgraded fabric
- Great flexibility
- Available in left or right-handed orientation
- Sizing doesn’t match the provided size chart, and they tend to run small
- Average quality for the price
- They may not last very long
Best for the Competitive Golfer: Handy Picks Golf Scorecard Holder in Genuine Leather
If the golfer in your life likes to keep track of the score and doesn’t want to misplace the scorecard, then this stylish and long-lasting scorecard holder may be what they need! The holder also has elastic loops that can fit a variety of accessories, such as a divot tool and extra tees, and it will work with most standard-size scorecards.
This holder comes with scorecards, an extra score counter, and two different colors of pencils to differentiate between players. The size is ideal for fitting into a back pocket, or golfers can use the carabiner to attach the holder to their golf bag.
- It’s practical and keeps everything in one place
- Leather looks classy and is durable
- Reasonable price for the quality and what it comes with
- Golfers may already have a divot tool that won’t fit in the elastic in the scorecard holder.
- The snap on the cover has some quality issues
- It only comes with four scorecards
Best for Golfers Who Live in Sunny Climates: Oakley Men’s Oo9208 Radar Ev Path Rectangular Sunglasses
It’s challenging to have a good game of golf when the sun is in your eyes the whole time, so if the golfer in your life lives in a sunny area, they’ll appreciate a good pair of sunglasses. These sunnies come in a wide range of colors and styles, so you’ll be able to find a pair that suits them.
These sunglasses are also for athletes, so they won’t fall off, even when the golfer performs an intense swing. The durable and lightweight construction is comfortable on the face, so the golfer won’t be distracted by discomfort while trying to focus on getting that hole-in-one.
These sunglasses certainly aren’t cheap, but if you’re looking for a gift that will last for a long time and show the golfer in your life that you care about them (and their retinas!), then this is a great option.
If your golfer is going to be out in the sun, why not throw in some sunblock, too? Golfers spend a lot of time outside, and if they’re in sunlight constantly, their skin may suffer unless they use a high-quality sunblock.
I recommend Coppertone Sport Sunscreen Lotion (available on Amazon.com) because it stays on even when the wearer is sweating. This sunscreen is also free of dyes and other harmful chemicals that could be dangerous for the wearer. Finally, American consumers voted Coppertone as the most trusted sunscreen brand in 2020, so this is a brand you can trust.
- Sunglasses block harmful UV rays
- Help golfers play, even in sunny conditions
- High-quality and made for athletes
- Available in a variety of colors and styles
- Some reviewers say they’re a bit small
- Only come in one size
Best for Golfers Who Love BBQ: POLIGO 7pcs Golf-Club Style BBQ Grill Accessories Kit with Rubber Handle
This gift may be a bit cheesy, but it could also be perfect for the BBQ lover in your life, especially if your golfer is having a BBQ birthday party! This kit features a golf-club style barbecue spatula, grill tongs, a grill fork, golf-ball style salt and pepper shakers, and a basting brush, all stored in a bag that resembles a golf bag.
These tools may look cute, but they’re also highly functional! They are high-quality stainless steel, strong enough to handle even the heaviest meats. The rubber handles are also heat resistant, so the user will feel comfortable and safe while grilling some delicious eats.
- Unique gift
- High-quality tools that will last a long time
- Tools are functional and useful
- Some reviewers mention that the case isn’t high-quality and rips easily
- The recipient may already have adequate grilling accessories
- It may not be appreciated by those who undervalue novelty
Best for Gifters Who Have No Idea: TaylorMade Rocketballz Speed Golf Balls
Even if you know nothing about golf, you know that golfers need golf balls. It’s easy to lose golf balls out on the course, so if you keep them well-stocked, they won’t have the issue of running out of balls in the middle of a round.
These golf balls are inexpensive and high-quality. They are available on Amazon in one, two, or three dozen packs.
- Perform well
- High energy react core
- Scuffs easily
- Some buyers have noticed packaging flaws
- Not a very imaginative gift
The best birthday gift for the golfer in your life largely depends on their skill level and your budget. Luckily, golfers require a lot of gear, so you have plenty of options. Even if the golfer in your life seems to have everything, you can get them fun gifts that are golf-related but not necessarily needed for the game. When in doubt, you can’t go wrong with golf balls!